Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 4: Patience ~ 30 Days Closer To God





How do you eat an elephant? Answer: One bite at a time. Now that is an example of Patience!


Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties


Of course when I hear the word patience, I think of the 90's band Guns and Roses






So, Patience was the word I received from the Lord today in my journey towards learning more about him and becoming a true man of God. Boy did this day S-U-C-K!


Today was the toughest day I have had in a long time. My back which normally would heal by this time continues to bother me. It literally takes me about five minutes of walking around to be able to walk straight up. Then every time I sit, pain shoots up my spine. 


I started to worry. It caused me a lot of pain. I was afraid to move, to even get up and go to the bathroom. I have tried Ibuprofen, Aleve and even Tylenol. All of which didn't do anything for me. It wouldn't even dull the pain. 


My patience was worn thin. I wanted the pain to go away. I didn't want people to see me limp around. I don't like to appear weak. I don't have patience.


I am frustrated because I wanted to go to class at Meng's Martial Arts where I am study Ving Tsun. Because of the injury, I decided to stay back and not participate. Instead I took myself to the Urgent Care where a doctor confirmed that I have a pulled muscle in my back and urged me to take it easy and gave me a prescription for something that will help with the pain for a few days.


But what is patience? Enduring during difficult circumstances. God knew that today would be tough for me. I need to practice calm assurance in knowing that He will take care of me no matter the pains or the stress I may have.


I know that I have a long road ahead of me to totally understand and comprehend patience. However today was a great view of how to handle it. When the pain comes, when the stress is overwhelming, lift it to God. He knows what is best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment