Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 5: By His Stripes I am Healed ~ 30 Days Closer To God


By His Grace, We are Saved... By His Wounds We Are Healed.

The Punishment that was Our Peace, Being Crushed For our Sins....



No matter what I am going through, I am happy that I didn't have to endure the excruciating pain Jesus experienced upon the cross. That partly is one of the reasons I don't like the cross as a representation of Christianity. The cross represents an execution device. It represents pain and anguish. It doesn't represent the triumph of being raised from the dead.

I awoke this morning still in pain. As I prayed, I asked the Lord for the words he would give me to meditate upon and experience so that I can learn more about being closer to him. He gave me the following:

By His Wounds You Are Healed

That is such a powerful message and something that is so simple. Jesus went through pain, anguish and death. Our pain He knows. Our burdens he has shared. Yet He still loved me despite me being such a terrible creature.

The message of we are healed is something of a promise. We can be healed by God. No, I didn't get a miraculous healing over night, I am still in pain. I know that God hears my anguish, and he is concerned about my pains. I know that I need to lift these up to him so that I can trust Him to heal me and make me better. It is a process much like I have experienced the last couple of days as God taught me more about patience and peace.

Since I can do nothing other than lift my pains to him and trust him, there isn't any reason to get down or depressed. This is a struggle, this is teaching me patience and to be at peace with myself.

His pain and suffering paved the way to recovery for the Christian Soul. His life and trials were for Christians to understand and realize that while He was a man, He suffered. We know that he suffered on our behalf. It was Him who could have changed his mind, turned the other way and escaped the wrath he suffered....

But he didn't...

He knew that his pain and suffering will only last for so long and that he would be in paradise. He knew that His sacrifice would enable me and everyone to have a direct path to God. He felt the wrath or OUR sins as they scored and tore his body. His blood was split as an offering so that I can have the assurance of heaven.

His death meant that when I died, I have conquered death too. When I pass on, I can and will be in heaven. Death's grip is but a pinch on the road to eternity.

By His Wounds....

My heart is healed knowing that the world may reject me but He loved me enough to die for me.

My mind is healed knowing that while I am not perfect, His wounds enabled the Holy Spirit to teach me.

My body is healed knowing however imperfect, He will make me perfect in eternity.

My spirit is healed knowing that I was empty, yet He fills me and gives me Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment