Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 6: Friends ~ 30 Days Closer To God


I was a little confused about the word that God gave me today in regards to 'Friends.'



I wondered how friends are viewed or are an impression on a man trying to get closer to God. As the picture above says... True friends are hard to come by.

So as a Man, I try to raise myself from the murk and mire only to realize that all I have to do is lift my prayers up to God to improve my station. In truth a man doesn't need many friends. He needs a few die hard, hard core, backs to the wall friends in this world.

The Bible talks about the importance of 'Iron sharpening Iron' as it speaks of brothers / friends lifting each other up and making each improve in the eyes of each other. Friends help each other to keep accountable, to carry each other's burden.

As I write this, I continue to hear 'What a friend we have in Jesus' ... 'everything to God in Prayer.'

Jesus as written in earlier blog posts has come before me and sacrificed so much for me. He awaits to represent me in Front of God the Father as a faithful servant. He has gone before me and has stood beside me. Christ is  my wonderful counselor and friend.

God revealed to me today the importance of friends, the right friends in my life. My friend calls me today. He is struggling with some personal issues. Most of my time is spent listening, but eventually as I share in his burden, we were able to lift each other up and encourage each other.

From this conversation we can point each other to grow in faith, to improve our relationships with our families and point each other to look to God for answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment