Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Opening Season For Firearms and a great Bible lesson to boot


Where is another God like you, who pardons the guilt of the remnant, overlooking the sins of his special people? You will not stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing unfailing love. Micah 7:18
 We had a great weekend for opening season this year. We hunted Saturday afternoon during the rain and was amazed at God's beauty of creation. Even with the constant rain, we were able to see wildlife all around us. This included three baby raccoons, and tons of squirrels. Sometimes I wished I had my handy squirrel gun with me! It was like they knew we were not after them.

Derek decided to hunt with his ever trusty muzzle loader aka 'Thumper.' This has been his go to choice for many a season due to the accuracy and dependability these type of guns provide. I chose however to stick to my game plan of harvesting my first deer with a bow. My Matthews Outback Single Cam is a high performer matched with muzzy 100 grain 3 blade broad heads, she is might deadly. I haven't name my new bow yet. I think before I do, she should earn her keep. That said, if you know any good names, I would love to hear them.

Me with my Matthews Outback.... Yes, that is a coonskin cap!
Sunday morning I was up at 4:30 and rushed to get my cold gear on. It was complete with under armor boxers, polypropylene base layer, and digital camo top and bottom. Completing the gear was my heavy digital camo coat with liner. Matched that with my wool socks, thinsulate boots and wool insulated sniper gloves, I was ready for the long haul.


We had to leave early to get out of the woods and head to Church. It is important to both Derek and I that we put God first in our lives. God before hunting for sure! I am also glad we did. It was a great message and we learned in Bible study about how God loves to bless us and we learned about Micah and king Hezzikiah's reign.

I would have gone out in the woods after church but we just started a Bible Study on Sunday nights with a great group of friends. We all share in the teaching and worship and the best part we do a pot luck an hour before. Nothing like getting fed before getting fed on God's word! Derek on the other hand had the opportunity to go out after church and lunch with his family. He took his time and got back into our box stand.  He was able to see a wildcat and two monster bucks but unfortunately he was able to get a shot at them. Maybe we will see them again this coming week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment