Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Down Time....what do you do?


It happened this weekend...

Friday night, my littlest one was crying out and couldn't sleep because of a cold and cough she was dealing with. My wife has graciously take care of the kids all week even when she didn't feel well herself. As much of you know, little kids are mucus flinging monkeys and I had been exposed to the muck that my little one was carrying.

Saturday morning started well, and then went quickly downhill. After my normal visit to my favorite sporting goods, 'mens get-a-way', I came home to help Jen with the kids and do a few small chores around the house. This ended up with me staying at home with the kids while she got to go out and get her 'away' time.

Well, as she got back home, I started feeling bad and decided to take a nap. Which turned into getting the chills and then moving from my lazy-boy to the bedroom for several hours of rest.

After dinner, I sat around watching TV and it was driving me NUTS!

This weekend, I wanted to get out into the woods. I wanted to get out and do SOMETHING. In the end I spent the entire weekend resting and trying to feel better so that I was in shape to get to work on Monday. Doesn't seem fair.

This got me thinking.... What could I do to get me ready for the outdoors or feel like I am productive during downtime? I thought of several things...

1. Clean your guns
2. Organize your camping gear
3. Clean and sharpen your knives
4. Clean and oil your boots
5. Get gear ready for next hunt
6. Get on Google Earth to research your hunting grounds
7. Spend time reading Trapperman.com forums
8. Read hunting or trapping magazines, or books
9. Watch a trapping DVD at the disgust of your children


OR....

10. Sit around the house, watch various shows on TV, bribe your children to bring you cups of coffee, peanut butter cookies, and other sort of snacks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment