Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Star Wars meets The Princess Bride - The Chatty Duelists


Probably one the coolest sword fighting scenes ever...

They are actually using real sword fighting techniques in this movie which makes it totally awesome. Add some lightsabers... Totally awesome!

I remember watching this movie when I was a kid and all through college it was my go to movie for geek fun. I can still quote many of the lines from the show. I think I was drawn to the movie because it at times is larger than life. Look at who they had in the show, and you will be amazed! Andre the Giant (my second all time favorite wrestler) made a great comedic appearance and truly made the show great.

Beside that, I have had the great opportunity of watching this film with my kids. They too get to share in the humor and fun of this great movie. It is fairly clean, tons of humor and fun, and all around a great movie that becomes a tradition.

Tradition?

Yes tradition. I think movies such as The Princess Bride should be a tradition. Something to share with others. These type of movies never wear out and always bring you back to a sense of yesteryear and good times. Just like A Christmas Story around Christmas time. I mean, what Christmas is complete without A Christmas Story with Chinese men singing "Fa, Ra, Ra, Ra, Ra...Ra..Ra..Ra!"

So this year, find a good family movie to make a tradition. It is something that all of you have in common and look forward to watching together. It was something I shared with my parents and something I believe you will enjoy too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment