Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Why I love trapperman.com

photo from primetimehunts.com/trapping.htm

I am a novice trapper with just a few catches under my belt. When I get on the forum, it is like coming home to a sit down talk around a fire with your friends. These guys are so helpful and have so much wisdom and knowledge to pass down to new trappers.

Here is what I am talking about... a complete trapping resource guide to help you get started. It is absolutely free to download from www.fishwildlife.org and the link was provided to me from a fellow trapper.

Student Manual 2005

So, how do you get started trapping? Well the brothers at Trapperman.com responded in a recent thread to a newbie trapper interested in trapping coyotes. Here was their response:

1 - read your state's trapping laws

2 - buy a couple books/videos on the subjects of your desire

3 - find a mentor near you if possible

4 - buy the proper gear (notice, this wasn't step #1!)

5 - learn from your mistakes (there will be a few...or if you decide to go headfirst, there will be LOTS)

Well, see you in the woods!










Jeff Barnes

0 comments:

Post a Comment