Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fur Trapping in Southern Indiana



This video is about a year old but it does show some great information on muskrat and beaver trapping. As you can see if you are trapping for muskrats, it is best to mark your traps with a simple stake with a colored flag.

The neat thing about muskrat trapping is that you can set a 100 traps in three to four hours and keep coming back to them every day where they will produce for you all season.

The prices he talks about is about average and I think muskrat is even higher now as I keep reading the forums on trapperman. So, if you are interested in trapping and need a place to start, they are using connibear or bodygripping style traps on a stake in the ground.

They place the trap in a 'channel' going to or from their bedding ground aka their hut. If you cannot see the channel or find it, you can still place it coming out of the hut a few feet away and you should be good to go.

Keep your powder dry...

Jeff Barnes

P. S. I should have a few pics of my new gun (High Standard Double 22) I picked up yesterday from Tucker's Sporting Goods in Mount Vernon, indiana. Tuckers is the one and only place I go for all my sporting needs. If he doesn't have it, he'll get it and he always treats you right!

0 comments:

Post a Comment