Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How to use a lay down duck blind

From December 4-5th, 2010

On our trip to Uncle Lee's this weekend, Derek and I decided that we would have a little fun with our Kentuckian neighbors. But I think we made more of a fool of ourselves than that of what we intended...



I cannot read the next line of scripture without thinking of the 60's song. I can imagine my Mom and Dad 'groovin' and digging this music. That is cool. But there is a good Biblical perspective to share as well...

Ecc 3:4 A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.

So many of us men think we always have to be this stoic character. In the movies, the good guy has that dirty harry, don't mess with me look. A man is a man because he grits his teeth and smiles only when his life is on the line.

In truth, God has given us all a time and place for all different types of emotions. It is OK to cry during Old Yeller or when the Colts lose a game. There is also a time for mending, for joy, for laughter and fun.

Don't forget that you only have one life to live. Have fun with it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment